Thursday, October 9, 2014

Big News!!!

Little miss Lola has reached a new milestone! As of this Monday, she now weighs a whopping 6 lbs, 1oz! You have no idea how happy this makes me. For so long we were told that she wasn't growing, that she should be growing more, that no one could figure out why she was still so small... and now, look at her grow!

 Check out my monkey in this picture, her face is getting so nice and round (and as Kate pointed out she almost has a double chin! Never thought I would be excited about a double chin but I am!!).


I was induced because the OB thought that perhaps Lola would do better on the outside. She said she "maybe just needs a change of restaurant" and she was right. That too makes me incredibly happy as I feel like now forcing her out into the world was totally the right way to go. She's thriving out here whereas eating in the womb was a struggle for her. I'm so relieved.

(In case you are curious, they did some investigating during the birth and my OB found that my placenta was slightly off-center which she suspects may have been the cause of Lola's difficulty in getting the nutrition she needed to grow efficiently)

The other reason Lola's weight gain is such big news - I can now leave her to sleep in 5 hour stretches rather than 3 hour stretches! So far, Lola has taken advantage of this deal only once per night but thats totally alright with me! By the time I finish feeding her and changing her as she inevitably poops while eating, an hour has passed which means that there is 4 hours left for me to sleep until its time to get her up again. Let me tell you, 4 hours is SO MANY MORE HOURS than 2 hours. I'm so grateful that she allows me that luxury. Sooooo grateful. Hopefully she keeps that one stretch a night up! I mean, I'd love it if she'd add even more sleep stretches to her repertoire but I don't want to get greedy now ;) Believe me, I count my blessings every single minute that Lola is the sleepy and calm baby that she is.

Now, off to eat as quickly as possibly while Lola is still sleeping...at this time of night, Lola is a feeding machine looking for a top off pretty much every hour on the hour. So much for a glass of wine with dinner now that I'm not pregnant!

1 comment:

  1. hooray hooray! Way to go Natalie, you are doing such a great job! The most beautiful part of all is that you now know with certainty that your body IS able to give her everything she needs to thrive. And the difficulty she faced in the womb was no fault of yours or Lola's - just a malinserted placenta… which has no repercussions for future pregnancies :)

    (and for the record, Zac didn't sleep 5 hour stretches until he was 5 or 6 months old… you've got yourself a keeper there!)

    ReplyDelete