Thursday, December 4, 2014

2 Months


On November 24, Lola turned 2 months old. I started this post then and forgot about it soooo, a few weeks later, here it is:



Two months doesn't seem right, I can't imagine nor remember life without Lola in it - it feels like she's been around for ages! I guess thats what happens when everyday is so different from the one before. 

Motherhood has been so different than what I thought it would be. I thought I would feel tired and irritable all the time and that as a result, I'd get easily frustrated (i.e. what happens to me when I don't get enough sleep). I worried that I'd be impatient with Lola and maybe not enjoy my time with her at first. I guess that's me expecting the worst again. But, I'm happy to say none of that has been true. Every day is such a joy and I find myself often thinking (or telling Sean), "I love being Lola's mom."

 I love it so much. 


I mean, its not hard to feel that way. She has the cutest little face and does the funniest things every single day. She has a great little personality and is still mostly a calm, go with the flow kinda girl. She definitely has a set of lungs on her but for the most part, when she cries loudly and with vigor, its usually for a purpose that we can distinguish (although not always something we can help her with, like when she needs to burp and nothing we've tried has worked). And best of all, she's a great sleeper. I can't stress how much we have appreciated this about her! Even in her early days we could tell Lola liked her sleep which made those nights when we could barely go 2.5hours between her waking much easier to get through. I somehow knew that it would eventually get so much better and I was right. This month Lola started sleeping in 6-7 hour stretches and then for 5 nights she slept through the entire night! Its astounding and incredible and I love her so much for gifting us with that!

Also this month, Lola is smiling more and more each day. Whenever we are having a bit of a stressful or overwhelming day, if Lola smiles at me it totally turns it around. 


I can't get enough of that smile. I often waiver between grabbing my phone to record her adorable silly face and reminding myself to stay in the moment and just enjoy. Honestly, I need to do more of the latter. Yes its nice to have pictures like above but fully being in the moment and enjoying her smile just for what it is - and not using it as an Instagramable moment - is what life is all about. Its funny, it almost feels like if you don't share it with others online, its as if it didn't happen. I'm really going to make an effort to live life with Lola so that I feel less and less like that is true!

I've also learnt a lot about myself these last two months...but as Lola is crying due to not being held so I'll have to save that for another time. Oh yeah, this month we also learned that nothing stops Lola crying like me simply holding her. With both hands of course, none of that lazy one-handed holding will do. I swear this kid of mine hates productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment