Friday, September 12, 2014

Quickie Update

Thanks to everyone who has been following up with us about our little one's progress. She sure has a lot of support and love out there, we are so lucky :)

Yesterday the OB took a look at my ultrasound report from this week and reported that baby girl is looking healthy. The Biophysical Profile ultrasound that we had on Tuesday looked at her heart, her muscle tone, the umbilical cord, and amniotic fluids and all were great. Next week we will have another growth ultrasound where they check out her measurements including her weight (checking weight week after week isn't precise enough as any changes could just be due to measurement error, apparently). So, if she is still measuring small, we'll know its likely not due to any deficiency on my part creating a home for her but maybe she's just ready to come out and eat on the outside rather than on the inside (maybe she's sick of cord-processed Nutella and is hoping for the real thing? Who could blame her).

I have a feeling though that she's gained some weight in there. I feel much heavier and she feels much larger and more cramped in there! Last night she was stretching out A LOT and it was completely winding me. I actually didn't know what to do, it felt like I couldn't give her enough room. And beyond that feeling, my belly is measuring 2cm bigger than it was last week so its not all just in my head!

If anything new comes up, I'll be sure to be back here in a hurry to update everyone. And hopefully well before then with posts of various kinds as well.

Happy Fall weekend! xo natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment