Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Look Inside My Insane Brain

I just had this thought that I've had multiple times throughout this pregnancy and felt the need to share...


Today I am 28 weeks, i.e. 7 MONTHS pregnant (documentary bump pics to come). Though my head still isn't quite wrapped around just how pregnant I am - am I seriously in my third trimester?? - my belly is a different story. It is definitely 7 months pregnant, proudly protruding outward and growing by the minute.


But the thing is, just now when catching a glimpse of Mt. Baby Bailey in the bathroom mirror, I still feel like I'm totally faking it. I have to remind myself that real, tangible, living and breathing people have witnessed my growing belly, that I've talked about it (and I actually have to remind myself of specific conversations that day), that I've had a baby shower, that we are starting to put our nursery together, that we have a name picked out, that this is really and truly happening. Its ridiculous. 


Seriously, the inner dialogue in my head goes something like this "Ooof when did you gain so much weight - no brain, thats a baby in there its not just a gut - but its probably mostly excess chocolate and dessert - no brain, baby has only 2.5 more months to go, thus baby is pretty big right now hence the bigness of the belly - I need to stop sticking my belly out so much for effect - no brain, you are standing like a normal person, your belly just IS that way now. 

Is this normal?!?

2 comments:

  1. you're adorable.
    And sounds pretty normal to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! I have no idea if what you're going through is normal or not, but I'm pretty sure that one day in the far far future when I'm pregnant I'll look back at this post and be like, "Ohh...so that's what Natalie was talking about!" ;)

    ReplyDelete