Monday, July 28, 2014

Oopsy...

I was reading today about how at 30 weeks the baby really responds to light so while lounging on the couch tonight I asked Sean, "Want to try an experiment?"

I then proceeded to turn on my iPhone's flashlight and shined it on my tummy.

Holy moly did baby girl ever respond! She moved so quickly and with such gusto that my entire belly became lopsided! To give you an equivalent visual it was something akin to the response of a person being suddenly awoken from a peaceful nap in a hammock by someone banging a gong beside their ear. Sean yelled "Turn it off!" and "Never do that again!" He definitely did not have to tell me twice.

So there ya go, lesson learned: It is indeed true that 30 week old babies do respond to light in utero.

...Sorry about that baby girl, I promise I'll listen to your daddy and will not bother you again ;)

1 comment:

  1. hee hee her that's so funny. I never thought of trying that!

    ReplyDelete