Thursday, August 21, 2014

~Our Anniversary~


Today was our fourth wedding anniversary. 
Four years!
 I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.


I remember once while in the midst of wedding planning I asked my dad, "Does life get so boring when you get to be your age?" I was thinking of how exciting life was for me in that moment - picking out a dress, shoes, flowers, all the parties and celebrations that go along with an impending wedding - I could only imagine that life would be a slow decent into boredom from there. But to my surprise, dad laughed and told me that theres always exciting things happening in life, it never gets boring. 


I wasn't convinced though. 
I would imagine what it would be like to attend other people's weddings once ours was done and over with and assumed I would feel so sad and depressed. How could I NOT feel that way?! Getting married and having a wedding seemed like such an incredibly big deal at the time.




But it turns out that (as usual), Dad was right. It didn't take long, certainly not four years, for me to figure out that life after wedding is so very sweet.




Every year seems to get better and better. And every year I'm surprised where life has taken us. Each anniversary so far has felt special but this year, even more so. A baby on the way, a new house to settle into - I've never felt so married! It is absolutely wonderful. And best of all, so many of our friends are also in great places in life these days too. There is so much to celebrate. 


So while there was no elaborate, beautiful, overwhelmingly awesome party tonight as there was four years ago today, I don't envy my four years ago self one little bit. I can pretty safely say I feel happier today - tucked into bed at 11pm with my husband watching preseason football beside me, looking forward to a day at work at a job I love - than I was as a joyfully giddy bride this same day in 2010. 

...Although it would be pretty awesome to be wearing that dress right now ;)


(all pictures by the amazing Sarah Guy of Labour of Love Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment