Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Window Into the Womb

I stumbled upon this amazing link today (well, rather, Larissa stumbled upon it subsequently followed by me stumbling upon her stumbling upon it) and was absolutely amazed. A photographer in the Netherlands has been taking pictures of newborn babies in the positions they were in when in the womb.


Apparently these very new babies can be coaxed back into their womb position quite easily, despite how uncomfortable it looks. Makes sense given that they were nice and cozy in there like that before they were pushed out into the cruel, cold world. And change is always so hard!


We have to go for yet another ultrasound next week as the bean is still quite small. I've managed to not be completely stressed out by it this time, my OB really does think she is fine, its just precautionary to make sure my belly is small because shes a smaller baby rather than a lack of fluid or anything else. So I'm trying to see it as an opportunity to peek in on my little girl. Now that I've seen these pictures, I'm even more excited about it. From what I saw (and was told) the last time, and based on what it feels like when she moves around (which is all the time, always, every second) I think she's likely in there like one of these babies:


I definitely don't think she's like this:


Or at least I hope not, that looks a bit uncomfortable. I also don't think she's like this one below, but how adorable is this pose with the baby's little tiny foot sticking out like that?


My favourite one of all though, has to be this one below. 


You can check out the interview with the photographer and a few more pics here: http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/photos-baby-fit-in-womb-08122014-newborn-photography-idea/

I would absolutely love to get a picture like this of our baby girl. I think its so fascinating. It would be cool to see if her preference for position in my belly relates to any of her preferences once shes on the outside. Like I wonder if the more pretzel-like yoga wombers like being swaddled more than the less bunched up babies...or I wonder if its telling of their personality at all (like this little guy above, he looks like he got pretty comfy so I wonder if maybe he'll be more relaxed and laid back as compared to the baby in the third picture who looks primed for action at any second and maybe would be more of an edgy baby?).

I think, though, that I'm probably so into this because its just another way to speculate about what our baby girl will be like. I guess I've learnt a lot about her already just by having her with me at every second of every day but there is still sooooo very much we don't know and I'm dying to find out every tiny detail.

Anyway maybe I'm just being a geek about all of this, what do you think? Is it as cool as I'm making it out to be in my head?

In other news, this past weekend was my second baby shower (I know, I'm incredibly spoiled, don't even get me started!). I just need to collect a few more pictures before I'll post about it. It was a great time though and turned out so beautifully, my mom did an incredible job (thanks mom!!!). I have to say though that the very best part was that for 3 days and nights I was under the same roof as 16 of my family members. It was indescribably amazing, I wish we could all be together like that more often.

Oh yeah and we are also moving this Sunday (move 1 of 2, this one will be from Toronto to my parent's house in Oakville for two weeks while we wait to become owners of our own house in Oakville). And I have my last day of work this Friday!!! Everything is so exciting lately I can hardly handle it! I'm counting my blessings every single day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment