Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cousins Weekend (The Next Generation Edition)



Two weekends ago we headed to Montreal to meet the newest member of our family - one month old baby Noah Lawrence.





Oh what a little doll he is! Even though I have my own baby to hold these days, I couldn't get enough of holding Noah. He feels so different. And not just in weight. Actually, although Noah was born only slightly bigger than Lola (Lola was 5lbs 12oz, Noah was 6lbs even), he's really packed on the pounds since then and felt totally solid and sturdy. I loved that about him. He looks like a little old man (complete with the old man hairline and all!) and feels like humpty dumpty, all round and squishy. He is just so delicious I can't even really put it into words.


So yeah, even though he is indeed smaller than Lola, I was surprised to find that Lola didn't look like a gigantic baby next to him. Instead what surprised me was how mature she looked next to him. How engaged and attuned with the world around her in comparison. It made me realize just how far she's come in such a short time. It was hard to even remember what it was like when she wasn't all eyes wide open and aware!


It was also so great to spend time with Zac and get to see him in his new role as big brother. I can't believe how much older he seems now, its as if he grew up over night. Surrounded by the babies, Zac is a BOY now, not even a toddler. He loves playing and is so social. And he's just so happy and energetic, all smiles and giggles. It all makes me so excited for Lola to get to that age one day.






It was a bit of a shock to see how big our immediate family has gotten. Its one thing to know there are now 3 kids but a whole 'nother thing entirely to see it in action. At brunch on Sunday there was so much going on - babies crying, feedings, Zac playing and chatting. It was such happy chaos.



I'm so glad we got a chance to visit. Watching Lola interact with Zac and being with all three of them in one place I kept thinking - this is just the beginning for this trio. I love my cousins so much and have the best time when we are all together. It blows my mind to think that this is what we've started here. 


Thanks for a great weekend A&V! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww this is amazing! They're going to be best buds, those three! <3 We need to have another cousins' weekend - our generation edition, too! :) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete