Monday, March 2, 2015

You've Come A Long Way Baby

I wrote this post on Sunday, February 15th but never posted it as I hadn't yet inserted the video I wanted or any pics. It seems this is always my problem - I either write a post and take forever to upload pics or I edit a bunch of pics and then don't have any time to write... Alas, I cut my losses with this one. Here is the post with no pics, just the cutest, sweetest video you'll ever feast your eyes upon. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
This past week has been quite something. It feels like Lola developed in leaps and bounds. I first noticed on Monday, when she seemingly discovered Charlie. As we waited for Sean to come home from work, the two of us sat on the floor and just watched Charlie walk in front of us, disappear behind the couch, and reappear on the other side. Each time, Lola was thrilled. She would strain her neck to follow him with her gaze for as long as possible and was really studying everything about him.

Lola also seems to have take a new interest in others too. This week she started reaching towards our faces, especially when we're smiling. As if she's studying how things look and feel all at once.

She's also more engaged. She likes to be involved in conversation and acts personally insulted if you forget to include her. Sometimes when I'm making dinner and Lola is playing on her play mat on the kitchen floor, she'll start crying just because I've forgotten to keep talking to her. As soon as I go back to narrating what I'm doing, she's happy as a clam.

Last night, Lola joined us at the table for a meal with friends. We had my McGill girls over - Marnie with Adam and Steph with Jack - and Lola was thrilled to sit in her bumbo chair atop the table, following the conversation with her eyes, and smiling ear to ear whenever we talked directly to her. Good thing Marnie suggested the Bumbo or I wouldn't have even tried it, up until now Lola hasn't liked it!

Oof, she's getting so old and wise, my little one.

And oh so mobile! Check out this video below. We love it so much that sometimes Sean and I watch it 3 or 4 times before going to sleep.



1 comment:

  1. Omg! That is the most precious video ever! Baby girl sure can move! So cute!

    ReplyDelete